bibledoorajar.blogspot.com

Good Food!!

Good Food!!

About Me

I am a retired VA employee who lives in Texas. I consider the characters of the Bible "family" as much as any I know or have known on earth. To be one of the Lord's beloved is the greatest thing I know. What good company!

Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Bibledoorajar: What God Knew About Joshua

     I am going to pick up my 13- year- old autistic great nephew after school today and introduce him to some beginning work tasks as he is interested in earning some money. His grandmother could not remember when that was going to take place so Clay told her, "it is Tuesday, Oma." He further counseled her that she needed to work on her listening skills! She was reporting all of this to me when she called to verify. That started me thinking about Joshua and what God knew about him.
     I think God knew that Joshua had good listening skills. It seems God thought he would try his best to separate the right messages from the wrong. How very valuable he would be to God. I was telling my Bible class yesterday that I can remember the "old folks" of my youth praying in Jesus name for Jesus sake. It was important to them that whatever "work" was to be accomplished as a result of that prayer would bring glory to Jesus and not to the humans involved. That is something that we should all try to remember. Good works to God are those that proceed from holy principles and that are regulated and monitored by righteous rules. They keep the right end in view.....glory to God. It is not necessarily wrong to want to be appreciated, but it is wrong to take all the glory, forgetting where the ability came from in the first place and for whom we were made to glorify. With God's help, I hope to get some of that through to Clay today. Maybe we will talk about Eric Liddell, the Scottish preacher who ran for God's glory while Harold Abrahams, a Jew, ran to oppose racist thoughts against the Jews without thinking of glorifying HIs God. Perhaps my young autistic boy can catch the idea. Lord, make Him your chariot of fire in Jesus name for Jesus sake. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment