bibledoorajar.blogspot.com

Good Food!!

Good Food!!

About Me

I am a retired VA employee who lives in Texas. I consider the characters of the Bible "family" as much as any I know or have known on earth. To be one of the Lord's beloved is the greatest thing I know. What good company!

Monday, February 4, 2019

Bibledoorajar: Yet another covenant

     I remember when the time came for me to graduate from college. I thought I had arrived. Ready. I was shocked when my major professor told my class that upon graduation we would now be prepared to start learning! Now looking back I realize how those diplomas and continuing education certificates built on each other. But I also realized there were a lot of things I wished I understood more definitely.
     God had to take the same approach as He taught His people just who He was and what He wanted in a relationship. In Deuteronomy 29 Moses recorded the content of yet another covenant, one in addition to the one He had sealed them with in Horeb. In his speech, Moses declared that he had led them for forty years in the Wilderness; their garments did not wear out and their shoes kept trucking. They did not gorge on their own food or drink intoxicating drink. In that way they learned that their God had supplied their every need. Interestingly they had seen deliverance and miracles but Moses stated that God did not give them eyes to truly see nor ears to truly hear until that day. But with new sight and new hearing they fought a battle and won land for two tribes and half enough for another.
     It is hard to know just when God give us eyes to see and ears to hear in a deeper way. But we can all probably remember a time when we, like Paul, said we know without a doubt whom we have believed. That, after all, was what God was after all along. And He still is.
Open our eyes, Lord,
we want to see Jesus,
to reach out and touch him,
and say that we love him.
Open our ears, Lord,
and help us to listen.
Open our eyes, Lord,
we want to see Jesus.

         Robert Cull

No comments:

Post a Comment