bibledoorajar.blogspot.com

Good Food!!

Good Food!!

About Me

I am a retired VA employee who lives in Texas. I consider the characters of the Bible "family" as much as any I know or have known on earth. To be one of the Lord's beloved is the greatest thing I know. What good company!

Monday, January 14, 2019

Bibledoorajar: Old Truths Respoken

     I recently told a dear sister who is about to start a chemotherapy protocol following the removal of a tumor that I wanted to be kept informed of when she actually started chemo. She was told that although I had been praying all through the surgery and healing process, I wanted to begin what I called "high octane" prayers for the chemo process. That is, during this time, I wanted to bombard heaven with all the promises and reports in the Word of how God uses our difficulties to purify our lives for our next steps. It is not that God doesn't know about what she is to go through, He does, but I want Him to know how much I am believing in what He has ESTABLISHED for those of us who are dedicated to Him. That means much more scriptures will be a part of the prayers to come for her for therein lies the strength for the days ahead.
     The book of Deuteronomy opens with Moses taking time to preach some "high octane" sermons about the law to a young new generation who were about to take the land. They were small when so many of God's people had refused to believe God by faith and had refused to follow His laws. The results of not being obedient were clear. Those people had now all passed from the scene. They were not going forth into the Promised Land. The reason the sermons had to be "high octane" was because Moses knew this generation would not be able to make it without a better knowledge and belief of the law than their forefathers. And so He began the sermons. It was these same sermons that Jesus referred to when He went through His greatest trials when Satan sorely tempted and wrestled with Him. Jesus fell back repeatedly on the "high octane" statements made by Moses in his sermons. And each time that He spoke and established again the truth of God, He was sustained.
     There is great power in speaking the Word of God and reestablishing it in our prayers. It gives us the strength to go down whatever path God has for us with greater faith and courage. We can reach a place like the apostle Paul who found the strength to endure. To speak the scriptures is to acknowledge the Living Word, the Logos of God who is worthy to be both quoted and praised.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. ... John 1:1

"If your sons will keep My covenant And My testimony which I will teach them, Their sons also shall sit upon your throne forever." Psalm 132:12

No comments:

Post a Comment